With LASIK surgery, your goal is to improve your vision and decrease your dependence on glasses or contacts. To be a candidate, you must be over 18 and have healthy eyes. You need stable vision that hasn’t changed in at least a year.
- no pre-existing corneal abnormalities or diseases
- not pregnant or nursing
- not have extreme dry eyes
- not a keloid former
- up to -11 diopters of nearsightedness
- up to +1 diopters of farsightedness
- up to 5 diopters of astigmatism
Find out for sure
To learn more about LASIK and other Iowa Eye Center services, call us today to talk to a Refractive Surgery Coordinator at (319) 362-3937. We’ll schedule a free screening to find out if LASIK is right for you.